Friday, January 7, 2011

Grapes Practice

Happy New Year! Here is a video I hope you will all enjoy. I had an old piece of white pine laying around (I don't like carving white pine at all) so i decided to try this pattern by Nora hall of grapes on it. I bought Nora Halls DVD European Woodcarving with Nora Hall Advanced and it came with the pattern she uses in the video. She makes it look like a piece of cake and finishes the whole piece in 1 hour. My video is about two and a half hours shrunk down to ten minutes and i'm not even finished. This is part 1 and I'll be recording the rest later. If you're interested in the DVD you can find it at www.norahall.com
Speaking of Nora Hall, I really hope when I'm her age I'll still be carving. Actually, i hope to reach her age. I decided to help reach my goal and I am proud to say that as of January 3rd I am a non-smoker! It has been an still is a struggle but it's something I need to do. I've been smoking for 20 years and have tried to stop many times. I really think I will succeed this time. Enjoy the video and thanks for checking out my blog!
Joe


2 comments:

Beth said...

I love it so far...will we get to keep this one?

Bogdan said...

I am from Romania and I have a blog too, www.bogdansculptor.blogspot.com. It is a nice grape you carved there, I think it's Gothic. You have very good chisels I've seen. Carry on, practice is good to evolve!