Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hand Carved Acanthus Clock (Work in Progess)






Hi Everyone! I started my Acanthus clock for the San Gabriele benefit. This design is based on clock by Rolf Taraldset. I saw his preview video on youtube and was blown away by this piece. If you purchase the video it comes with a pattern for the clock and in the video Rolf shows you how to carve it. I’m broke (and cheap) so I didn’t buy the video or the pattern. I made my own freehand. I would really like to buy the video in the future just so I can see “The right way” or the most efficient way to carve this piece. I’ll post a link to the preview below or you can check out www.norwegian-woodcarving.com to see it there and for info on purchasing the video and pattern.

I’m using basswood for my clock and my deadline is February 17-18th because the event is on the 20th. I began by cutting the blank out on the band saw after I transferred my design. Now I’m chipping away at it. I hope you enjoy!

Here is the preview for the Norwegian Wood Carving DVD



No comments: