Friday, March 14, 2008

Latest work in progress

Here is my latest work in progress a classic design of grapes. I was just messing around and I had this nice piece of White Pine laying around and I wanted to test my new set of pfeil swiss made tools courtesy of my father-in-law (Thanks Dad!). I love these tools, they glide right through the wood like "budda" I suggest anyone interested in carving pick up a set of these or even just a couple gouges and v tools. They come razor sharp and polished right out of the box so as I did you can get started right away. They won't help you figure out which direction to cut the wood. I'm having a hell of a time remembering to only cut with the grain or across but not against it. You will notice a hole in the middle of the grapes, there was a grape there but I accidentily sliced it off because I was going against the grain;( I still have so much to learn but I'm having a great time doing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to pluck one of them grapes and eat it.

Anonymous said...

r u sure you didnt try to pluck off one of those grapes and eat it?? lol jk, keep up the awesome work Joe! ~Tgunz~